Monday, June 27, 2011

A Lot of Learning.

I think I am seeing myself as less and less mature of a Christian every single day. No Joke. I am seeing how incredibly sinful I am daily, and it doesn't make me feel guilty but just loved more. That not only would Jesus die for my past sins but my future ones too, ones that I have no idea of because I am that offensive. I am so gracious and just being shown more and more grace every moment.
Our room was read a bedtime story that was like a little thought bubble that could be God's but something that was said in it was, "What if I tell them who they are? What if they knew that I would never ever use the word punish in relation to them... That the basis of our friendship is not based on how little they sin but how much they let Me love them? What if I tell them I'm crazy about them?" I think looking at God knowing that He is crazy about me changes the entire way I approach Him. Not as the Wizard of Oz who stands behind a curtain or someone that I have never met and I don't really know how to relate to but as someone who has sacrificed his son just so that I could have the chance to know him. A God who has not only stepped from behind the curtain but has torn the curtain in half, just so I could really know who He really is.He loved me that much. -I am of course learning lots of other little things but it all pales in comparison.

3 comments:

  1. Some day, when you are a mom, perhaps you will come to appreciate just how touching your blog is today. My mom has often told me that the most important thing you can give your child is faith. But as you very well know, that is not something that can be truly given, only demonstrated or modeled. Seeing you in this role and in this place is such a faith enriching experience for me. I thank God for your faith and the opportunity to continue to watch you grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading your blog is making me cry today. happy tears. i love you smash! & as you know, jesus does too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, what is the name of this bedtime story book? I would really like to read it! Love reading through your blog :) Exciting to see how God worked in your life this summer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete