Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thankful.

Today we are having the thank you dinner out at my parent's lake. I want everyone to come that can but I also want the purpose of this dinner to be known. I grew a lot this summer and it wouldn't have happened without the financial and prayerful support of everyone.

This summer we went to Wycliff as a project. For those of you who (like me) don't know Wycliff is a bible translating organization. We went there and they were explaining what it takes to get the bible translated for just one people group. One of my friends volunteered to be the example of a missionary and the first thing they asked for was people to support her. Many people raised their hands and were asked to stand to show who they were. The speaker went on to explain different responsibilities my friend would have as a missionary and the supporters thinking they were done began to sit. The speaker turned to them and said something to the effect of she's not done needing support. I thought about that, isn't that the first thing to go when we need it most? People who pledge their support but think they are done and sit down half way through. I'm not saying it happens for not legit reasons, our lives get crazy, we get side tracked.

This summer I saw faithfulness in my supporters because I saw change in my life. I saw growth in my walk. I saw God being faithful in His promise to grow His children. I saw Him strengthen my beliefs and learning to base my beliefs from scripture and not back my beliefs up with scripture. I see now the desire in me and the absolute need to spread the gospel because there are people everywhere that need to hear the name of Jesus and what He has done. These changes occurred because people were faithful and all I can say is Thank YOU!!

Directions to my parent's lake are attached! Diner will be at 5 but come anytime!


FASTEST Step Roads Miles Landmarks and towns along the way Landmark at the Turn Turn Direction 1 North on HWY 41 to Hwy 57 2 Dairy Queen Airport Sign RIGHT 2 North on Hwy 57 to I-164 8 Airport, Remax, Frontier Tavern I-164 overpass LEFT 3 I-164 turns in to Hwy 57 again 7 Subway and Sunoco gas station at right. I-64 Underpass-NO TURN MERGE (NO TURN) 4 North on Hwy 57 to STATE road 64 17 Lots of farm land, coal mines, etc. Buckskin, Mackey, Somerville. Jerry's Restaruant at left of intersection. Flashing red lights at turn junction. RIGHT 5 STATE road 64 to Hwy 257 14 You will pass through Oakland City. Later you will come to flashing red lights at the Aurthur junction. Stay on State Road 64. Lots of pine trees and high banks at intersection. RIGHT 6 Hwy 257 to Lake 4 After approximately the 3 miles, you will come to an intersection. Stay on the paved and painted road. Follow it around the curve to the left. Only about mile to go! Lake, White House and Tan Octagon building on the left. Turn left on long gravel drive. LEFT Total Approximate Miles 52 Directions to the Cook Lake from Whirlpool - Evansville

EASIEST Step Roads Miles Landmarks and towns along the way Landmark at the Turn Turn Direction 1 North on HWY 41 to Hwy 57 2 Dairy Queen Airport Sign RIGHT 2 North on Hwy 57 to I-164 8 Airport, Remax, Frontier Tavern I-164 overpass LEFT 3 North on I-164 to I-64 5 Sunoco Station RIGHT 4 East on I-64 to Holland Exit SR 161 20 Lynnville Exit, Farm land Two houses LEFT 5 North on 161 to OLD SR 64 Stendal sign 7 Holland, Windmill White, St. Henry water tower on Right LEFT 6 OLD SR 64 turns into SR 257. West (SR 257) toward Stendal 7 Farms, Zoar Church. This road will bring you into the town of Stendal. You will see a blue water tower on the Right that says STENDAL. (TURN HERE FOR CHURCH) about a block from the General Store. (St. Peters Lutheran Church)
Stendal General Store RIGHT 7 257 to Gravel lane 0.5 Telephone tower on left Our Building and "1" mile marker 257 RIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment