Monday, July 25, 2011

Rubbish..

For all of you Potter fans out there.. It is crazy here. No lie. The other day we reached capacity at 9 am.. yep we had to turn people away from the park AN HOUR after it opened. Can you say insane? Cause I can.. ten times fast. A fruit that I have seen almost none existent in my life on those days is patience. I build up hatred for people that get irritated at the expensiveness of bottled drinks, for people who think they can sneak away with a handful of dirty ice from my drink cooler (I'm sorry if you want E. coli go right ahead..) and the language barriers and even more the people who repeat the same thing over and over just increasing volume thinking that maybe if they scream I will understand.. I won't.

But is it any surprise that when you pray for God to cultivate patience in y0ur life he is going to put you in situations that will try your patience. My biggest prayer is that I might be more like Jesus. In the Praying Life book he talks about praying to be more like Jesus. Just think about it, what parent, if they have a decent kid, wouldn't look at a kid that's a trouble maker and say "that kid should just try to be more like my kid" problem solved. God delights in that prayer, he wants everyone to see His son as the ultimate role model.

Being here is everything but glamorous but it is making me keenly aware of my heart. I have been pursued my entire life by a Savior who is crazy about me. There is a song that I have begun to listen to by Brooke Fraser called Hymn it goes; "If two distant lines are scattered and I sail to farthest seas. Would you find and fervent gather, till I only dwell in Thee. If I flee from greenest pastures, would you leave to follow me? Forfeit glory to come after till I only dwell in Thee. If my heart has one ambition, if my soul one goal to seek. This my solitary vision till I only dwell in Thee, that I only dwell in the." My Savior gave up everything just that I might be saved. That I could have the opportunity to know him. I count everything as rubbish apart from Him, including life itself. Sure puts my inability to be patient into perspective.

My prayer is that I can look at these approaching weeks with as much joy and excitement as I did I did in the beginning. That I really finish hard and just truly run to the cross at the first sign of impatience.

1 comment:

  1. oh, ash. i love reading your post(s). you are growing up so in many ways. i look forward to you coming home & am so thankful you have had the experiences you have had down there. we will be praying, praying, praying for you. love you- sara

    ReplyDelete