Friday, July 2, 2010

Made of Different Stuff

Brooke Fraser wrote a song called "Shadowfeet" which I have only slightly fallen in love with. The lyrics to the first part are"Walking stumbling on these shadowfeet, to a home a land that I've never seen. And I am changing, less and less asleep. Made of different stuff than when I began.."

I want to start off by saying that I am blessed beyond what I could ever possibly imagine. My God is good and is in control. And while, at this stage in "growing up" I am utterly thrown off from the path I thought God and I had agreed upon, I have never been more sure of my savior. What He wants He gets, donezo.

Pretty much all my life I have wanted to do two things, sing and help people. Since singing is a slightly risky market my parents were completely sold when I presented the idea of going to school to become an RN. Their approval meant a lot to me and they, like most parents, nudged me in the way they thought best. To say the least the years following that decision have been some of the most confusing and tearful of my life... but also the most joyful. My life has been the most peaceful at its craziest and the sunniest when its raining. Try and figure that one out.. I dare you.

As of right now I am at a crossroads. I have several options; all good, all scary , and all different. I am here trusting God that the next steps I take are with Him and for Him. At the end of the day all I really car about is if I have made God known in my life, because apart from Him I am nothing. I am learning to take comfort in the fact that what I do honestly won't effect God's master plan. Ultimately it doesn't mater what path I take, God is that big. All that matters is that I end up with my eyes on something other than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment